Modern smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to complete simple security duties like arming your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these things ever again? With geofencing in Fort Lauderdale, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Fort Lauderdale For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to share information with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and assign what actions you want to take place if you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, when you leave your premises, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Fort Lauderdale. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to engage at a specific time. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components engage based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your surveillance system notices unusual motion around your property.
● Set a scene: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Fort Lauderdale
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (954) 688-4955 or complete the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.