Home security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—a sign that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are armed with a number of additions all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Fort Lauderdale.
How To Set Up Your Fort Lauderdale Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
Placing your home security cameras at the optimal points around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your patio, drive, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that aren’t quite as important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity can reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Fort Lauderdale. The additions shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your mobile device the instant unusual activity is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with guests with the unit. With your security app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Fort Lauderdale is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (954) 688-4955 or complete the form below to get started building your security system today.