How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Fort Lauderdale
You realize you need to protect your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you store your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home protection? Figuring out if you should get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief choices you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Fort Lauderdale and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring organization that is set to provide help at all times. When a window sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring professionals receive a warning instantly. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional backup. You can consider this alternative as self-monitored, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to resolve it. This possibility is the cheaper solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Fort Lauderdale
Here’s a short breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system at the ready is always smart. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without your cell phone, your property and its occupants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll reply faster to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security might qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and seamless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will find on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Many people would prefer to have work done by skilled technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be satisfactory for many as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Fort Lauderdale
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: DIYers could think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an extra fee. Others will want to go with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You can integrate components whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an urgent situation unfolds, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario will lead to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want assistance during the installation, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Fort Lauderdale
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Fort Lauderdale from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home defense system is the best solution for you. Contact (954) 688-4955 today to customize your package.